Towards a brave, bold future for social care
VODG’s focus in 2018 has been on constructively challenging approaches that underpin care and support to improve services and the wider offer of the voluntary sector:
- Our contribution to Civil Society Futures and the subsequent report Challenges can fuel change.
- Recent VODG conference sessions focusing on social value and service providers being assets in their community.
- A VODG member led session at Social Care Future.
As the year draws to a close VODG chief executives are meeting on 28 November to drive forward further thinking and actions. We will hearing from an invited panel of experts to present future scenarios about what voluntary sector disability services could look like. Our focus is three to five years from today. If we look back just five years ago, we know this timescale is within reach and the sector needs to grasp solutions and invest in its own future.
Chaired by the Guardian’s public services editor David Brindle VODG members will be joined by:
- Sharon Allen, chief executive of Skills for Care
- Mary Busk, family carer and advisor to NHS England
- Alice Maynard, founding director at Future Inclusion
- Andrea Sutcliffe, chief inspector of adult social care at the Care Quality Commission.
Our speakers are each respected and authoritative in their own right, have a track record in sector leadership and will be seeking to energise and identify practical actions that voluntary sector leaders will be able to take. Registration for VODG member chief executives remains open via this link.