VODG sharpens its focus on systems, leadership and social change at annual conference
VODG’s annual conference brings together providers and disability organisations from across the sector. This year members are working together under the conference theme of ‘systems, leadership and social change’. The programme builds on VODG’s work championing progressive sector developments and the need, in the current absence of clear policy direction, to work collaboratively and, increasingly locally.
Debbie Sorkin (The Leadership Centre) will help to set the agenda for the day with her opening plenary on leadership for social change. We will be joined by Lara Roche (The Talent Sphere) who will work with members on collaboration for great results in a series of interactive sessions.
The conference will address some key questions, including:
- How can social care change perceptions and take the lead in the wider health and social care system?
- What are the long-term issues affecting the sector and how can we make sure boards are able to plan effectively for the future?
- How can VODG members play their part in #SocialCareFuture and help build the role of providers as assets in the community?
- How can we give people who use services and families greater voice allowing for increased accountability and responsiveness to need?
- What are the barriers and enablers to lived experience leadership and what role do VODG members have in increasing opportunities for experts by experience?
- How can VODG members actively support the development of the NHS long-term plan?
- What are the current issues, concerns and opportunities social care providers face with EU exit transition?
- How do we secure a sustainable funding settlement and – crucially – what are our next steps in the campaign?
VODG’s thought provoking conference offers voluntary sector leaders the opportunity to meet, discuss common issues and explore what innovative and new approaches might be possible.
VODG thanks its investors for continuing to support VODG and the annual conference:
- Agenda Consulting – research consultancy, helping not-for-profit organisations develop and sustain the highest levels of employee and volunteer engagement.
- CARE, Minton House Group – a specialist insurance broker for the care and charity sector for over 30 years.
- MHA MacIntyre Hudson – accounting and advisory specialists providing support and consultancy services to over 500 not for profit organisations.
- Trowers & Hamlins LLP – lawyers with leading practice across health and social care acting for a number of VODG members.
VODG also thanks conference exhibitors and supporters contributing to the day: Care Management Matters, Charity Bank, Complete IT, ENS, GRI, GCI, Public Life, Talent Sphere, The Truth Project and Turro.
The full conference programme can be accessed here.