2016 Summer newsletter
Welcome to the latest VODG newsletter. In this issue:
- What next for voluntary organisations post-Brexit
- Financial sustainability in the sector
- Why the NHS and voluntary sector need to join forces
- How can technology be harnessed to transform care?
- Championing equity and rights in dementia care and support
- Tackling health inequalities for people with learning disabilies
What next for voluntary organisations post-Brexit?
So… what is next for voluntary organisations post-Brexit? Amidst the uncertainties and deliberations following the referendum result VODG has been working to identify the challenges and issues ahead.
Financial sustainability in the sector
2. The continued squeeze on fees has led to social care markets, worth over £43 billion per year, being fragmented and unstable. Without adequate funding providers will hand back contracts causing further market instability.
Why the NHS and voluntary sector need to join forces
How can technology be harnessed to transform care?
Our latest research on the use of technology in the sector shows how technology is enabling people using care and support services to exercise greater choice, control and autonomy and to live more safely.
Championing equity and rights in dementia care and support
What role do equity and rights have in social care? How can we ensure they are at the heart of delivering care?
Tackling health inequalities for people with learning disabilities
Keep a watch out for our annual conference, which focus on sustainability and survival, and is being held on 22 September.