Vision and mission
Our vision is for an ambitious, trusted and vibrant voluntary sector that works together to enable disabled people to live the lives they choose.
In pursuit of this vision, our mission is to support our members to achieve excellence and to influence those who can improve the environment in which they operate.
Our values guide how we operate – we are:
- ambitious – we have high expectations and strive for our members to achieve excellence
- collaborative – we work with others to deliver our mission and encourage our members to work together
- proactive – we use our members’ expertise to set the agenda and constantly seek ways in which we can make a difference
- professional – we work with openness and integrity in everything we do
- thoughtful – we use evidence and experience to inform judgments and our contribution is always constructive.
Our beliefs are passionately held – we believe:
- disabled people human rights must be upheld, including opportunities to live the lives they choose
- we should embrace equality and diversity and understand the impact on individuals and communities
- policymaking should be informed by professional expertise and the views of disabled people and those they wish to involve
- the voluntary sector should play a unique role which is celebrated
- we should work together, share our successes and plan for a stronger future
- we should learn from mistakes
- regulation should be fair, proportionate and focused on quality, safety and improvement.