VODG Business and Operations Officer
Job Description and Person Specification
Remote with occasional travel required
30,000 – £35,000 per year (Pro rata £18,000 – £21,000)
Permanent, Part-time, 22.5
The Voluntary Organisations Disability Group (VODG) represents over 130 organisations within the voluntary sector whose work is focused on enabling disabled people of all ages to live the lives they choose. VODG believes that an ambitious, reliable and vibrant voluntary sector that works together is critical to achieving this aim.
VODG’s mission is focused on two key areas – enabling our members to be the best they can and improving the environment in which its members operate. VODG believes that our membership approach and operations should centre around the views of disabled people and be influenced by professional expertise.
Introduction to the role
This role is for an exceptional professional who:
- Will enable our operational activity to thrive.
- Can support VODG’s organisational development and growth.
- Will maintain efficient and effective management of VODG’s systems and processes.
- Will drive change, cement best practice and optimise operational capabilities.
Purpose of role
The Business and Operations Officer will:
- Provide direct administrative support to the VODG leadership team in the general day-to-day running of the organisation.
- Take the lead for VODG operations and processes, including finance and governance.
- Make an active contribution to the business and support the organisation to deliver on its priorities, working collaboratively with the leadership team and other staff colleagues.
VODG actively welcomes and encourages applications from people with lived experience of disability and under-represented groups.
When submitting your cover letter, please include a supporting statement (between 1 and 5 pages long). The covering letter should start by mentioning what it is about the organisation that resonates with you and what it is about the role that interests you. Please also include an Equality and Diversity Monitoring form with your application.
Please align yourself with the personal specifications, demonstrating why you think you would be suitable for the role.
Following your application, you may be contacted by us for an informal discussion and be asked to provide further information to assist with this recruitment process.
Application deadline: 5 August 2022 at 23:59
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process please advise us.
Please email your completed application to [email protected].