Catch up with the latest VODG news in our Winter newsletter
Welcome to the VODG newsletter. In this issue find out more about VODG:
- championing social value
- addressing disability and employment
- monitoring post-Brexit, and the
- annual conference roundup.
Championing social value
Addressing disability and employment
Amid the uncertainties created by Brexit, VODG sets out issues for organisations to consider when planning strategy, services and the workforce.
- Economy – will Brexit produce a sustained downturn that impacts on social care funding? UK charities received over £200 million from EU funding in 2014, but leaving the EU means they will no longer have access to this money.
- Domestic issues – will domestic policy become the poor relation to Brexit?
- Workforce – how will the future workforce be secured? There is concern for the future of the 80,000 EU nationals involved in the delivery of care and support in the UK.
The coalition of health and social care organisations aims to influence and lobby on post-EU referendum issues.
VODG annual conference
VODG will be launching a new website.
Alongside the National Care Forum we are continuing our work programme through the voluntary sector strategic partnership. In the final quarter of the year our focus includes using technology in social care, and the issues raised when supporting people living with dementia and disability.
We will continue to monitor sector issues following the EU referendum with new resources released in the final quarter of the business year.