STOMP social care implementation conference: making your pledge real
Date: Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Time: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Location: National Conference Centre based at National Motorcycle Museum, Coventry Road, Bickenhill, Solihull, B92 0EJ
It is estimated that on an average day in England between 30,000 and 35,000 people with a learning disability, autism or both are taking prescribed psychotropic medication without appropriate clinical justification. This is medication which results in alterations to perception, mood or consciousness. Long-term use of these medicines puts people at unnecessary risk of a wide range of side effects including weight gain, organ failure and even premature death.
This conference is primarily for STOMP leads, operations directors and quality managers in social care provider organisations that are committed to tackling over-medication. It will help you think creatively about how to build and deliver on your STOMP action plan. Therefore, priority will be given to organisations that have signed up to the STOMP pledge for social care.
Not signed up yet? If you are committed to eradicating over-medication in your organisation, you can sign up to STOMP here.
Social media: #STOMP
Terms and Conditions
VODG is a national charity that represents leading organisations who provide services and support to disabled people in ways that promote independence, choice and control.
This conference is funded by NHS England and we offer a reasonable number of free places which are offered on a first come basis. Priority will be given to organisations that have signed up to the STOMP pledge for social care.
Lunch and refreshments are provided. Dietary and access requirements must be specified at least ten working days in advance of the event via email [email protected].
In making a booking the following terms apply.
1. Registration is essential and will close ten working days before the event takes place. Cancellations should be made in writing to [email protected]
2. Recovery charges apply for either failure to cancel (before ten working days of the event) or failure to attend – resulting in an invoice of £100 being raised (per person) and to be settled within 30 days.
3. Replacement delegates are allowable and must be received ten working days in advance of the event. No administrative charge is payable.
4. VODG reserves right to alter the programme and change the speakers without prior notice.
5. VODG may photograph, film or audio record proceedings. Delegates consent for their questions and comments from the floor to be included in briefing and any form of media following the Chatham House rule.
6. Early registration is advisable. Please use an organisational email address for registrations (personal email account registrations are not allowed and will be automatically deleted). When an event is over-subscribed we reserve the right to offer a wait list or to prioritise delegates based on the number of places each organisation has requested and/or to those organisations that have made a pledge to the STOMP campaign.