Date: Wednesday 6th February 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: The Studio | 7 Cannon Street | Birmingham | B2 5EP
Staying healthy is the third of a series of three conferences for leaders who want to improve the health of people with learning disabilities. This conference will explore initiatives to support people to lead active and healthy lives and offers delegates the opportunity to:
- Consider how to promote a culture and practices that support a healthy lifestyle, including nutrition, hydration and fitness.
- Explore how to increase the uptake of cancer screening among people with learning disabilities.
- Consider how to ensure that people receive a high-quality annual health check.
- Investigate the role of the Mental Capacity Act in relation to health screening, exercise, food and drink.
- Showcase their own good practice initiatives in relation to promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Investigate a wide range of mainstream and specialist resources that promote health and wellbeing.
This conference is supported by NHS England and organised by VODG (the Voluntary Organisations Disability Group).
Lunch and refreshments are provided. Dietary and access requirements must be specified in your registration.
Please note: As space at this event is limited to 80 places and to encourage full attendance you must notify us of cancellation or a substitute attendee from your organisation no less than ten business days before this event if you are unable to attend. Failure to do so, will incur a cancellation charge of £75 in accordance with the VODG standard terms and conditions for attendance at core events, which are reproduced below:
“If the Representative or any of your additional delegates (the Original Delegates and each an Original Delegate) are unable to attend a Core Event, you must either:
- a) give written notice to email@example.com that the Original Delegates (or one of them) are no longer able to attend and the details of a replacement delegate (which must be from the same organisation as the Original Delegate); or
- b) provide written confirmation of the Original Delegate’s cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org and procure that their booking is cancelled on the event page for that Core Event,
no less than ten business days prior to the date of the Core Event.
If you fail to cancel an Original Delegate’s attendance at a Core Event in accordance with the above, or an Original Delegate fails to attend a Core Event, a cancellation charge shall be charged to you (Cancellation Charge). The Cancellation Charge [will be in addition to any Additional Delegate Charge and] is to cover costs which VODG will have incurred in respect of that Original Delegate’s place at the Core Event.
Following a Core Event, VODG shall issue an invoice in respect of any Additional Delegate Charge or Cancellation Charge. Payment of the same must be settled within 30 calendar days from the date of such invoice.”