Leading for better health conference
Date: Thursday 3rd October 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Location: Altitude London | 21 – 24 Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP
People with learning disabilities die younger. The Learning Disability Mortality Review has found that the disparity between the age at death of people with learning disabilities and the general population is 23 years for men and 27 years for women. Yet many of the causes of these deaths are preventable.
Leading for better health is a conference for leaders who want to explore how to foster an organisational culture, systems and practices that reduce health inequalities experienced by people with learning disabilities. This conference will:
- Enable providers to investigate a whole organisation approach to ensuring that people with learning disabilities experience the best possible health outcomes.
- Consider how social care providers can use health information and systems to support people well.
- Identify good practice in involving families in decision-making about people’s health and well-being.
- Equip providers with strategies to escalate concerns if they think someone is not getting the healthcare they need.
- Encourage providers to engage in the learning disability mortality review.
- Provide an opportunity for providers to feedback what they need from other parts of the health and social care system in order to deliver improved health outcomes for people with a learning disability.
This conference is supported by NHS England and organised by VODG (the Voluntary Organisations Disability Group).
Lunch and refreshments are provided. Dietary and access requirements must be specified in your registration.
Please note: As space at this event is limited to 80 places and to encourage full attendance you must notify us of cancellation or a substitute attendee from your organisation no less than ten business days before this event if you are unable to attend. Failure to do so, will incur a cancellation charge of £75 in accordance with the VODG standard terms and conditions for attendance at core events, which are reproduced below:
If the Representative or any of your additional delegates (the Original Delegates and each an Original Delegate) are unable to attend a Core Event, you must either:
a) give written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org that the Original Delegates (or one of them) are no longer able to attend and the details of a replacement delegate (which must be from the same organisation as the Original Delegate); or
b) provide written confirmation of the Original Delegate’s cancellation to email@example.com and procure that their booking is cancelled on the event page for that Core Event,
no less than ten business days prior to the date of the Core Event.
If you fail to cancel an Original Delegate’s attendance at a Core Event in accordance with the above, or an Original Delegate fails to attend a Core Event, a cancellation charge shall be charged to you (Cancellation Charge). The Cancellation Charge [will be in addition to any Additional Delegate Charge and] is to cover costs which VODG will have incurred in respect of that Original Delegate’s place at the Core Event.
Following a Core Event, VODG shall issue an invoice in respect of any Additional Delegate Charge or Cancellation Charge. Payment of the same must be settled within 30 calendar days from the date of such invoice.